Sunday, December 12, 2010

Starting to wrap up the semester

http://www.cnq.ca/Page.asp?PageID=2065&SiteNodeID=206

It is finally the end of the semester! Crazy how fast it approached, but also crazy to think back on how much I have learned. I have enjoyed learning about all the different types of technology and different resources I have to make my teaching enjoyable for students. I think that is the most important thing I have learned. I learned that yes, there is a very traditional way which things are taught and they do work, but why not try something a little different using technology? Chances are that it will be more fun and motivating for your students, plus, it brings them into the technology century and combines it with school. It integrates more with their normal daily lives and that is awesome! We should take advantage of the resources we have and use them to help teach. There are SO many options and I never realized it before. I knew basics, but nothing like wikis or blogs. These things can be applicable for all sorts of things and I hope that one day as a teacher, I can integrate these. I want to make learning fun and be unique. I want my students to remember what I am teaching them, and hopefully it will be more effective. I hope to make my class more interesting so maybe students will be more interested and motivated! That would be great:) I just hope that I can keep playing around with these resources so that I can become proficient in them in order to use them the best way in my classroom. I would love to find more things like wikis that students can access and is very easy. I have so many options, I just need to keep searching. I cant wait! Its going to be great!!

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way, too. With things like language or technology, you should never stop practicing, otherwise you'll forget everything that you learned. So, I'm set on keeping up with new technologies, and I'm glad that now I have my PLN that is going to be a great help.

    ReplyDelete