Sunday, December 12, 2010

Labtops

http://www.havenvideo.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=40484

I have a lot of teachers who do not like labtops in their classrooms, but some are fine. I see the problems that could exist with students having them because they could get side tracked and not pay attention and perform poorly and not learn anything but at the same time, there is just as large of a positive aspect. I know a lot of people who learn better by having typed notes because they are organized and they can reference them later a lot easier than trying to figure out their written notes and messy handwriting. I get upset at teachers who do not let students decide for themselves, but have a suggestion. I know that sometimes if someone has a computer than they can be distracting for me sitting behind them or next to them but maybe they can have a side of the room in a lecture which is for people that have labtops so they are not distracting. Any ideas to this solution? I think overall though that they can be a great resource for students and they can also look up information in class so you could do class activities which involve research without having to take the time and move to a computer lab. There are pros and cons and I think the pros outweigh the cons in this case. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment