Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My Journey Throughout TE

My whole time in TE I have been taking away new lessons everyday and learning ideas on why I might think one way or another to this day. It has really changed how I think about thinking, but two main things stick out to me. I never realized how differently kids learned and how much the environment in which they grew up affected them. When you go to schools in a wonderful district and see everything looking the same, you get stuck in your own bubble and you dont alwalys realize other conditions other kids have growing up. Some kids have poverty or crisis's in their areas and that can majorly affect how the child learns and has learned in the past. It explains not only behavior but also past experiences and learning patterns if you understand the child and where they came from. Thats why its importnat to understand that kids learn differnetly and that we are all very individual and you have to realize that when teaching and not get upset. If you are going to take TE 150, those are two of the most important things that you should learn and always remember when you go into your professional career. By being understanding, you can help the child learn to their maximum level.

1 comment:

  1. Nice reflections, Meg. I also think you've offered good advice to other students.

    ReplyDelete